“Encouragement is like oxygen to the soul…No one ever climbed spiritual heights without it…” George Adams
Try holding your breath for as long as you can. Interestingly, I came across this fascinating revelation about those who can hold their breath for long periods of time. Whether they are world record holders, Houdini imitators, or kids challenging the next…they all have this one thing in common. Drum roll please…
They all have to take another breath at some point.
I never met a person who walked around not trying to breathe (at least I hope not)! It’s necessary in order to thrive. I find this truth the same for the health of our souls. Just as our physical bodies need fresh air in order to live, our souls need encouragement to fulfill the purpose, dreams, and calling on each of our lives. No one is exempt. No one’s soul can survive without it. Hebrews 3:13 NIV says this, “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
We all need daily encouragement. Especially as leaders, it is important that we breathe it in so that we can breathe out inspiration to our teams, family, and friends with passion and motivation. Know that it is too costly to live a discouraged life. When we fail to encourage ourselves or surround ourselves with people that can exhort and edify us, our goals, dreams, and visions are only moments away from burial. SO BE ENCOURAGED! I want to leave you with some words that spoke life to my soul when I read Joyce Meyer’s Book, You Can Begin Again. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:18
- Don’t worry. It’s not too late. You can begin again.
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one.
- Anything that puts your focus on what used to be instead of what can be will keep you from God’s best. Don’t live in your past successes.
- Your too late is God’s just in time.
- God can do more in a moment than you can do in a lifetime.
- The time and place isn’t important, but your level of expectancy is. Dare to believe that God has a great future in store for you and ask Him to reveal it to you.
- Not only has your past been paid for, your future has been provided for.
- Your position in Christ is what identifies you. Learn to be secure in God’s love.
- God offers us victory in the midst of difficulty, not in the absence of it.
- With God, you always go forward…never backward. Forward into something new. Forward into something better. Forward into destiny.
- When everyone else sees an obstacle, see an opportunity.
- You can’t win a race if you stay in the starting blocks.
- It’s not your job to make it happen – it’s your job to take a step of faith.
- Be a finisher in life!
- There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things. Dwight Moody
- The only way you can lose is if you stop fighting. Quitting isn’t an option. Refuse to give up.
- Fear makes you feel surrounded by an enemy. FAITH makes you realize you are surrounded by God.
- God is bringing you into something new. Don’t waste the lessons you’ve learned along the way.
- Have a determination to improve in order to glorify God.
- Go through each day with a happy realization that God is working all things for your good. Romans 8:28
- Choose to let go of the pressure of having to be the person to fix everything and trust that God will have His way in your life, you will find a new level of rest that you have never experienced before.
- When you question your worth, you’re questioning God’s work.
- The day that lies before you is an unwritten chapter. What words are you going to write on those pages?
- Today is the perfect day to begin again with God.